Tips in Removing Blood Stains on the Carpet
Mishaps can happen inside your home and sometimes you or the people in your household could get scrapes and bruises in the process. This can be really unfortunate as wounds are never a pleasant thing to experience especially in the comfort of your own home.
Another problem with having scrapes and bruises inside the home is that it can cause stains on your carpet or upholstery. If there are wounds then there is always going to be blood and that blood could drip on your carpet and cause a very ugly stain to develop.
Cleaning up the blood stains on your carpet is going to be very difficult, especially if you are not adept at cleaning. If you want to make things easier for you, you can check out the helpful guide above to aid you in cleaning up the mess.
• Use a paper towel to slowly blot the spot on the carpet where the blood stain is located. It is imperative that you do this right away so that the stain will not dry up on your carpet fibers.
• After you have blotted the blood stain, the next thing that you must do is to add some water to it to make it lighter. Diluting the stain is really helpful in preventing it from setting on the carpet fibers and it will also cause the stain to be easily removed.
• Once you have diluted the stain, you should next blot it using some paper towels once more. This is going to help lift some of the stain particles out of the carpet and onto the paper towel. Continue to do this a few times until there is no more blood transferring onto the paper towel.
• Make a cleaning solution with the help of some dish washing liquid and some warm water. Mix a teaspoon of the former with one cup of the latter and place the mixture in an empty container. This will make for a very potent cleaning agent for the stain.
• After making the cleaning solution, apply a few drops of it onto the affected area of your carpet. The blood stain should be soaked by the cleaning solution so that it will work the best way possible. Once you have done so, blot the blood stain using a clean white cloth and repeat this step until the entire stain is gone.
Removing blood stains on the carpet may be tricky but it is not impossible. Try the guide above and you’ll surely be able to get rid of the ugly stain on your carpet with ease.