Getting Rid of Blueberry Jam Stains on the Carpet
Blueberry jam is really taste and it goes well with a lot of different food items. You can enjoy it on a nice breakfast muffin or toast or maybe use it to make a delicious peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Whichever way you choose to enjoy your blueberry jam, it is surely going to make your taste buds jump for joy.
One place that doesn’t particularly enjoy having blueberry jam though is the surface of your carpet. Sadly, there are some mishaps inside the home which can result in you accidentally smearing some of the jam on the carpet fibers causing a really ugly stain. This situation can be very frustrating but luckily it is not impossible to get rid of the stain as long as you know the proper steps to take.
If you are dealing with blueberry jam stains on your carpet, read the post below to find out how you can solve this problem easily.
• Quickly get a spoon or dull knife and carefully scoop up the jam spilled or smeared on the carpet. You need to do this right away so that the stain will not yet set and for you to have a better chance in completely removing the stain easily.
• Get some isopropyl rubbing alcohol and pour it on a piece of cotton ball. Then, take the cotton ball and the blot the jam stain on the carpet. The alcohol will break down the stain and remove some of it but it will certainly not be enough to get rid of the stain completely.
• You will need a stronger cleaning solution to help you eliminate the stain on your carpet. Mix a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a quart of water and then stir the solution thoroughly. Place the solution you have made inside an empty container and then bring it with you to the stained portion of the carpet.
• Apply the cleaning solution you have made out with the non-bleach laundry detergent and water onto the stain. Allow a few minutes to pass first to let the solution work on the jam stain. Then, get a clean white cloth and carefully blot the blueberry jam stain on the carpet.
• Repeat the previous step until you have completely eliminated the stain. It could sometimes take a while to get the results you are looking for but it is important that you stay patient until your carpet is completely clean and stain-free.
• Rinse the carpet with some clean water to remove any residue that could stay behind on the carpet fibers. Afterward, dry everything using clean towels to finish off the job.