Cleaning Up Candy Bar Stains on the Carpet
Candy bars are sweet and really tasty treats that kids and adults enjoy. They come in many varieties and flavors which make it even more appealing to people. Surely nothing can give you big boost of energy and fill your tummy other than a delicious candy bar.
Sometimes though you or your kids may have lost your focus for a moment and accidentally dropped the candy bar on the carpet. This is one situation that you don’t want to be in since the candy bar is sure to leave behind a stain that will affect the way your carpet looks.
Cleaning up this mess is a task that you should do properly. If you want to find out how to do this, here is a guide that you should follow to help in removing the candy bar stains on your carpet.
1. Remove the spilled candy bar on the carpet as quickly as possible. Don’t let a long time pass before you do so as the candy bar can melt and cause a bigger mess on your carpet fibers.
2. Get a paper towel and then start blotting the area where the spill is. This will help in removing some of the candy particles and the stain it has left behind but it certainly isn’t enough to complete the task.
3. To remove the stain entirely you should make a cleaning solution that will do the trick. For this you just have to use some non-bleach laundry detergent to make a very useful cleaning agent. Simply mix a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with three cups of warm water. Place the cleaning agent inside a spray bottle and then bring it to the affected area of the carpet.
4. Spray the stained area a couple of times with the cleaning solution you have prepared. Let it stand for three to five minutes to allow the solution to break down the stain. Then, use a clean white cloth to blot the area continuously. After a while the stain will surely be removed.
5. Get a glass of cool water and then apply it onto the area of the carpet where the stain was before. Then, dry it up with some clean towels and rags. This last step is to avoid any residue from getting left behind and damaging the carpet over time.
With the easy steps above, you will definitely be able to get rid of the candy bar stains on your carpet in no time.