Removing Skin Ointment Stains on the Carpet
Skin ointment is one item which can be really useful for many people in your home. It is often used to treat many common skin rashes and irritations which can be pretty annoying. The skin ointment helps alleviate the skin condition so that your skin will be back to normal in no time.
But many people who use skin ointment accidentally get some of it on their beautiful carpet at home. This can be a very frustrating situation since skin ointment on the carpet will likely cause an ugly stain which affects the way that you carpet looks.
Removing the skin ointment stain can be very challenging if you are not used to cleaning up this kind of mess. If you want to find out how you can properly address this issue, check out the helpful advice below.
• The first thing that you have to do is to remove the skin ointment spilled on your carpet as soon as possible. Try to get a paper towel or a clean white cloth and then blot the area where it was spilled. Do this carefully since you don’t want to make things worse by spreading the ointment to other portions of the carpet.
• Next, use a combination of household items that you can find in your home to make an effective cleaning solution that will help eliminate the ugly stain that is left behind on the carpet. You can try combining a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with five cups of water. This is going to produce a very helpful solution that will get rid of the stain.
• Apply the cleaning agent that you have created on the stained area of the carpet. Allow a few moments to pass first so that the solution will work on breaking down the ointment stain. Afterwards, use a clean white cloth to blot the area repeatedly.
• Continue the previous step until all of the stain is gone. You are not likely going to get rid of the entire stain on the first try so just keep at it until all of the stain is gone.
• For the last step, pour a glass of water on the area where the ointment stain was located. Then, dry everything using clean towels or rags to complete the task.
Skin ointment stains can be really annoying to have but with the steps above you will surely get your carpet looking clean and spotless once again without any hassles.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner