Removing Cheese Spread Stains on the Carpet
Cheese spread is one of the most popular kinds of spreads that countless food lovers enjoy. It is used to make tasty sandwiches and it can also be a delicious spread on your bagels and other pastries. It is creamy and tasty which is surely why a ton of people eat it every day.
While you would want to spread it on your bread, bagels, and other breakfast pastries, one place where you never want to apply cheese spread is on your beautiful carpet. Unfortunately there are many situations wherein homeowners experience mishaps in the home which cause them to get cheese spread smeared all over their carpets.
If you are facing the exact same situation at home then knowing the proper steps to take is really essential. To help you out, here are some of the simple steps that you can take to get your carpet clean and stain-free in no time.
1. The first step is to remove as much of the cheese spread as you can out of the carpet fibers. You can do this by using a dull knife to slowly scoop up the cheese spread on the carpet. For the particles which you can no longer remove using the dull knife, use a paper towel and blot the affected area a few times.
2. Grab some non-bleach laundry detergent and an empty container from your closet. The next step that you will need to take is to prepare a cleaning solution that will remove the ugly yellow cheese spread stain on your carpet. Mix a teaspoon of the non-bleach laundry detergent with three cups of warm water in the empty container. The laundry detergent will greatly help in removing the stain so that your carpet will be nice and clean once more. After making the cleaning solution, proceed to the next step.
3. Apply a small amount of the cleaning solution on the stained area of the carpet and then let it stand for five minutes. Then, use a clean white cloth to gradually blot the affected area until all of the cheese spread stain is gone. It won’t happen instantly so you should stay patient until all of the stain is removed.
4. After cleaning up the cheese spread stain, the last step that you need to take is to rinse the area where the stain used to be. Pour a glass of water over the area and then dry it using clean towels or rags. This is to help protect your carpet from unwanted residue that could harm it over time.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner