Removing Cream Cheese Spread Stains on the Carpet
A very nice way to start the day is by enjoying a piece of toast or bagel with some tasty cream cheese. The cream cheese spread really is a great breakfast companion which you can spread on different kinds of breads and pastries.
While cream cheese spreads are very popular for their taste and their flavor, one place where you definitely do not want to spread it on is on the surface of your carpet. Unfortunately, there are many situations wherein homeowners accidentally drop the piece of bread or bagel that they are holding with the portion spread with the cream cheese coming in contact with the carpet.
This is definitely a very tough situation for anyone to be in. If you are experiencing this predicament at home, you should not give up on your carpet just yet. You can get rid of the ugly stain cause on your carpet if you take the right approach. Here is a useful guide that can help you for this task.
• Take a blunt knife or a clean spoon and carefully scrape or scoop up the cream cheese spread on the carpet. You can also make use of a paper towel to slowly blot the affected area in order to extract the spilled cream cheese. After clearing as much of the spilled particles as you can, proceed to the next step.
• Next, prepare a homemade cleaning solution that will help you break down and remove the ugly stain left behind on your beautiful carpet. For this, you can try combining a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water. The vinegar is great in removing stains on clothing and fabric so it will come in very handy in cleaning your carpet.
• Apply a small amount of the vinegar-based cleaning solution on the area of the carpet where the cream cheese was spilled. The, use a clean white cloth to slowly and carefully blot the stained area repeatedly. This is going to cause the stain to become lighter which means that the process is working. Continue performing this step until all of the stain is gone.
• Rinse the carpet area where the stain used to be found with a cup of water to flush out any cleaning solution residue that could get left behind. Then, use some rags or towels to dry the area completely to finish the job.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner