How Do Professionals Clean Tile & Grout?
Ceramic tile is a popular flooring material in kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, and elsewhere in the home. Unfortunately, white grout lines between the tiles tend to darken over time, turning an unsightly gray, brown, or black. Is it time to schedule grout cleaning? Consider why clean tile and grout is important, as well as why it’s best to leave the cleaning process to a professional, instead of getting on your hands and knees to scrub for hours.
Benefits of Clean Tile & Grout
Why does having clean tile floors matter, anyway? Consider these benefits:
- Keep the floor looking great: There’s nothing attractive about dark grout. By scrubbing away deeply embedded stains and spotty messes, grout lines can look as good as new.
- Kill bacteria: Black grout lines aren’t just an aesthetic issue—they also indicate that grime and bacteria are lingering in your home. Deep cleaning makes your floors safer and healthier.
- Prolong the life span of your tile: Replacing a tile floor isn’t cheap. Investing in a little maintenance removes dirt and other contaminants that wear out grout lines over time, potentially adding decades to the life span of your tile floors.
Professional Grout Cleaning Methods
Regular mopping and spot cleaning isn’t enough to remove stubborn grout stains, and if you use the incorrect tools or grout cleaning products, you might even make the problem worse. Consider the methods professionals use to clean grout:
- Floor preparation: The first step is to vacuum and mop, which removes dry debris and stuck-on stains.
- Pre-conditioning: To minimize your environmental impact, choose a grout cleaning company that uses 100% non-toxic GREEN PROCYON pre-cleaner specifically designed for tile and grout. This prepares the surface for deep cleaning by loosening as much dirt as possible.
- Grout scrubbing: Professionals scrub individual grout lines using patented tile and grout cleaning tools, ensuring they don’t miss a spot.
- Truck-mounted deep steam cleaning: High-pressure steam cleaning is only possible with truck-mounted equipment. Look for a tile and grout cleaning company that delivers 1000 psi pressure and 250-degree heat for maximum cleaning capabilities. A deep steam rinse leaves your floors sparkling bright and cleaner than ever.
- Protection for your tile and grout floors: Consider opting for Color Seal service after having your grout cleaned. This product seals freshly cleaned grout and helps prevent future stains, odors, and mold growth. The application is fast and easy, with only a one-hour cure time before you can use your floors again. When maintained properly, Color Seal can last up to 10 years.
Why You Should Leave Grout Cleaning to a Professional
DIY grout cleaning methods are out there, but nothing compares to the results a professional can provide. Here’s why you should leave grout cleaning to the pros:
- Professionals do the work while you relax: Grout cleaning is cumbersome, backbreaking work, especially if you resort to scrubbing by hand. With a professional’s help, you can sit back and relax.
- Professionals remove stubborn dirt and stains: Without high-quality tools, you could scrub a grimy kitchen floor for hours and still not achieve the white grout you’re after.
- Professional tile and grout cleaning is affordable: You could look into buying grout cleaning supplies and renting a steam cleaner, but the cost may not differ much from hiring a pro. Plus, you would still have to do all the work yourself.
Choose professional tile and grout cleaning from CLEAN Choice Cleaning & Restoration to restore and transform your tile floors. It will look like you installed a whole new floor, but at a fraction of the cost and hassle!
Ready to schedule grout cleaning services in Baltimore and Annapolis, MD? Call us at (410) 978-6050 today and get the clean of your dreams!
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner