Guide to Removing Strawberry Juice Stains on the Rug
An area rug is a beautiful home accessory that can instantly make a huge difference in any room you place it in. It can add personality and beauty to anywhere you place it in and it can offer the homeowner the chance to inject a little bit of his or her own preference into how the home looks.
Rugs though can be very tough to maintain. It is actually one drawback that can probably be a major concern for homeowners. A lot of cleaning problems can happen to a rug on a daily basis and a rug owner should be prepared to deal with them properly and effectively.
One common problem that homeowners encounter is accidentally spilling strawberry juice all over the rug. This can be a tough situation to face since the juice will leave behind a nasty stain that causes the rug to look ugly and unsightly. For those homeowners who are dealing with this very situation in their homes, here is a guide that I have come up with to help them get their rugs clean and spotless once again.
• Quickly get a piece of paper towel and start absorbing the spilled strawberry juice on the rug. It is important that you do this right away so that you will not risk letting the juice seep into the deeper parts of the rug fibers. After clearing as much of the spill as possible, proceed to the next step.
• Mix a teaspoon of clear ammonia with a cup of warm water and stir the two together for a couple of minutes. Then, place this solution inside an empty container and bring it to the stained portion of the rug. The clear ammonia is great in making a potent cleaning solution that will help in easily breaking down the juice stain on the rug.
• Take a few drops of the cleaning solution you have just prepared and apply it onto the affected portion of the rug. Let it set for a couple of minutes and then start blotting the stain repeatedly. The stain will slowly transfer from the surface of the rug and onto the rug which means that the procedure is working. Eventually, all of the stain will be eliminated.
• With the stain already gone, the only thing that you have left to do is to flush out any residue that could get left behind. Pour a glass of water on the area you just cleaned and then dry everything up using some clean rags. This will ensure that there will be no build-up of residue happening on your rug.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner