Cleaning Up Chocolate Icing on Your Carpet
Cakes, cupcakes and any other kind of pastry become tastier by adding some chocolate icing on it. Chocolate icing is really great with many different kinds of pastries and desserts and will surely make many kids and adults who eat it smile with delight.
But while this kind of icing is really delicious, it can also cause homeowners a big headache. This is because while people are enjoying their yummy desserts, they could accidentally drop it and cause the chocolate icing to get smeared on the carpet. Chocolate icing stains are not great to have on your carpet. This is because it can really cause a big mess and will render a nasty stain on it. If you want to keep your carpet nice and clean you should do everything that you can to get the icing stain out of your carpet. Here is a guide that you can follow to get this done easily and without any hassles.
1. Get the excess of the chocolate icing out of the carpet as soon as possible. Use a dull knife and carefully scrape as much of the icing from the carpet. You must use a lot of caution with this step as you don’t want to accidentally smear the icing on other areas of the carpet.
2. Now that you have removed the excess icing, it is not time to address the big stain that is on your carpet. You must create a cleaning solution to help deal with the stain. For this you will need to mix a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a quart of water. Apply some of the cleaning solution onto the stained area of the carpet and then give it a couple of minutes to soak the stain before moving on to the next step.
3. After letting the stain soak in the cleaning solution you have just made, the next step is to use a clean white cloth to repeatedly blot the stained area. Blotting the chocolate icing stain will help remove it from the carpet and onto the cloth’s surface. Do this continuously until you are totally rid of the icing stain on the carpet.
4. The last step of the carpet entails rinsing the carpet area with a cup of water. This helps avoid having any residue from getting left behind. This is important because residue on the carpet can slowly build up and cause damage to it over time. Dry the carpet thoroughly and then you’ll have a clean and spotless carpet once more.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner