Tips to Remove Cookie Dough Spills on the Carpet
Preparing and baking cookies can be a fun and delicious way to spend quality time with your family on a weekend. Having fun and baking a really tasty snack is definitely something that everyone will enjoy. Cookies are simple to make and preparing the dough can be as easy as 1, 2, and 3.
As you are preparing the cookie dough though, there may be occasions when you lose sight of what you are doing for a moment which could cause you to inadvertently spill it all over your carpet. Doing this is not something that you would want to have at home. It will ruin your entire day since you would need to spend a lot of time in cleaning it up.
Facing cookie dough spills can be really problematic but it is certainly not something that does not have a solution. If you are wondering how you can clean up the cookie dough spills on your carpet, why don’t you check out the very helpful guide below.
• Start off by scooping as much of the cookie dough spilled out of your carpet using a clean spoon or a dull knife. Do this as fast as you can so that you can help prevent having a more troublesome problem on your hands.
• After you clear up the excess cookie dough on your carpet, take a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent and combine it with three cups of warm water. You will need this in removing the unpleasant stain or spot that may be left behind on your carpet fibers. The detergent helps in breaking down the stain so that it can be removed easily.
• With the cleaning solution already prepared, the next thing that you would have to do is to use some of it on the stained area of the carpet. After you apply the cleaning solution, let it stay there for a few minutes first so that it will have the chance to break down the stain.
• The next step is to use a clean white cloth to slowly blot the affected area of the carpet. Continue to blot the cookie dough stain until it is completely removed. It may take you a lot of time but after a while you will be able to thoroughly clean up the mess on your carpet.
• Take a cup of water and pour it on the area you cleaned. Then get a clean rag or towel and dry it completely so that you can once again use your carpet.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD