Tips to Get Rid of Grass Stains on Your Rug
Grass stains can be a very difficult problem for any rug owner to deal with. It will cause your rug to look ugly which is surely something that no homeowner would want to happen. A rug is supposed to make your home look more beautiful and appealing but it cannot serve this purpose if it has grass stains that make it look unattractive.
Cleaning up grass stains can be very challenging especially if you don’t know what to do. This is a big problem that many rug owners are struggling with which is why I have prepared a simple guide for you to follow. Below are simple steps for you to follow to easily get rid of the grass stains on your beautiful rug.
1. The first step is to start vacuuming your rug in order to make sure that you remove any loose grass particles on the rug fibers. Make use of the suction tool on your vacuum cleaner to ensure that you effectively remove all grass particles on the rug.
2. After you have cleared the rug of any loose grass, get a clean white cloth and dip it in some water. Squeeze it in order to remove the excess liquid and then start using it to blot the grass stain. This will cause some of the stain to transfer from the rug fibers onto the surface of the rug but it will not be enough to completely get rid of the entire stain.
3. Next, get some cleaning solution that you will be using on the grass stain on your rug. You can make one on your own by combining a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a quart of warm water. Apply some of this cleaning solution onto the stain and then let it stand for five minutes.
4. After completing the previous step, get a clean white cloth and again blot the grass stain on your rug. Continue to repeat this step until you are able to completely eliminate the grass stain. It may take you several attempts but eventually you will be successful in removing the stain completely.
5. Rinse the area of the rug which you just cleaned with clean water to make sure no excess residue is left behind. Residue can accumulate over time and cause damage to your rug fibers which is why this step is very important to prevent that from happening. Dry the area thoroughly using clean rags and you are done.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD