Tips in Cleaning Up Candy Stains on the Carpet
Candy is something that both kids and adults enjoy. It is really sweet and delicious plus there are just so many varieties of candy that there is surely something for everyone to enjoy.
Candy is really great as a snack or simply something to enjoy while watching television or even while just lounging around the couch. You should be careful not to drop it on your carpet though as it could lead to some really tough stains that is hard to get rid of.
Dropping candy on the carpet is not something that you want to experience but sometimes this can be really unavoidable. If ever you are facing this type or problem at home, it is important that you do not panic and simply do your best to remedy the situation. To help you out, below are some useful tips that you should follow in order to clean up the candy stain on your carpet.
- Use a paper towel to carefully pick up the spilled candy immediately after it has been dropped. There is no point in leaving the candy on your carpet fibers as this will only cause a more stubborn stain on your carpet. Do this quickly and then proceed to the next step.
- Grab a cleaning solution for your carpet or make one on your own using some items you can find in your home. If you choose the latter, you can mix one teaspoon clear ammonia with one cup of warm water to make a very useful cleaning agent for the stain. Once you have cleaning solution you can move on to the next step in this guide.
- The third step is to apply the cleaning solution you have onto the stained portion of the carpet. The candy stain will be tough to get rid of but the cleaning agent will help a lot in removing it.
- After you have applied the cleaning solution on the candy stain, get a clean white cloth and start to blot the affected area. Do this again and again until you are able to remove all of the stain. It will not happen immediately so just keep at it until your carpet is clean and stain-free once more.
- The last step is to rinse the carpet to get rid of the residue which could get left behind on the carpet fibers. Take a cup of clean water and use it to rinse the area you finished cleaning and then get a clean white cloth and dry the area thoroughly.