Three Steps for Proper Carpet Care
Carpet cleaning is just like exercise! If you get into a routine and keep it up, you will see great results and feel better for it. And understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Our environmentally safe ZERO Residue TRUE-GREEN BabySafe™ green biodegradable carpet cleaning and post cleaning treatment products are EPA-Dfe, GREEN SEAL, and CRI-SOA Gold Level Certified. They are ideal for homes with chemical sensitivities, allergies, children, elderly, and pets as they contain no soaps, no added fragrances, no VOC’s, or harmful solvents of any kind and exceed your carpet manufacturer’s new warranty requirements. Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great:
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with water, water/vinegar, and products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil more quickly.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime.
Stop dirt at the door
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to start keeping it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt in its tracks.
- Use mats — Outdoor and indoor mats or runners can reduce the amount of dirt that enters the house.
- Take off your shoes — You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before entering your home.
- Change your air filters — Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD