Steps to Easily Get Rid of Soy Sauce on the Carpet
Soy sauce is probably one of the most common condiments being used throughout the world. It is utilized not only when cooking different recipes from a variety of cuisines, it is also used together with already cooked food to make it taste better. This is really a common condiment being used by people who love to eat Asian and Chinese food. It makes a big difference in enjoying the food we eat which is why it has become really popular.
While soy sauce is great in the kitchen it is definitely not good if you accidentally get some of it on your carpet. This is particularly true if you have a light colored carpet at home since it will leave behind an ugly stain that will ruin the carpet’s appearance. Sadly, mishaps and accidents occur often and there are countless homeowners right now who are trying to solve this very problem in their home.
Cleaning up this kind of mess may be a big challenging but with the steps below you can handle this problem with ease.
- Get rid of the excess soy sauce on your carpet by using a clean white cloth and blotting the spilled liquid. You should act on it right away so that you can avoid having the soy sauce set on your carpet.
- Use a mixture of one part non-bleach laundry detergent with four parts of warm water. The laundry detergent is great for removing stains and spots on your clothes and it will work equally well in removing the soy sauce stain.
- Apply the detergent-based cleaning solution on the stain on your carpet and then let it set for about five minutes. Then, use a clean white cloth to blot the affected area slowly and carefully. Blotting helps in lifting the stain out of the carpet fibers so that you can get your carpet looking clean and stain-free once more.
- Repeat the previous step until you are able to completely clear the area of the entire stain. Sometimes it could take a few tries but soon enough your carpet will be spotlessly clean once more.
- Flush out any residue that could get left behind on the carpet by pouring a cup of room temperature water on the area you just cleaned. Then, dry everything with some clean rags or a wet/dry vac to complete the task.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD