Steps to Clean Up Grapefruit Juice on the Carpet
Healthy drinks and juices can be an excellent way to cleanse our body while still satisfying our taste buds. There are many healthy fruit juices that you can enjoy which are full of vitamins and minerals that help our body become strong. These are very good alternatives to sodas and other carbonated drinks as they are healthier and good for our body.
Grapefruit juice is one kind of juice which is really popular among kids and adults alike. It is very rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients and it also tastes great. Sadly, it can also be the source of cleaning problems if you or another member of your household inadvertently spill it all over your carpet.
Grapefruit juice on the carpet is never a good thing. It will leave behind an awful stain that will definitely affect the way that your carpet looks. Cleaning up this type of problem can be hard but it certainly is not impossible. Check out the guide below to find out how you can easily eliminate the grapefruit juice stain on your carpet at home.
• Remove the spilled juice on your carpet right away to prevent it from penetrating deeper into your carpet fibers. Use a clean paper towel to blot the spill until the area is cleared of the excess liquid.
• Get a small amount of water and pour it on the stain that is left behind on your carpet fibers. Use a clean paper towel to blot the area again until the area dries up. This step is to help dilute the stain and to get some of it out of the carpet fibers.
• Mix one teaspoon of clear ammonia with one cup of warm water to make an effective cleaning agent that will remove the unwanted stain. Place this inside an empty spray bottle and then proceed in going to where the grapefruit juice stain is located.
• Use the spray bottle to spray the stain with the cleaning solution you have made. Allow a few moments to let the solution work its magic on the stain. Afterwards, get a paper towel and begin to gradually blot the grapefruit stain repeatedly. Do this until the grapefruit stain is totally removed.
• Get a glass of clean water and pour it on the area of the carpet that you finished cleaning. Then, use a clean towel to dry everything up.