Simple Steps to Remove Hand Lotion Stains on the Carpet
Hand lotion can be really helpful in properly taking care of our skin. It is utilized to help keep our hands properly moisturized so that it continues to be healthy and beautiful. Our skin is regularly exposed to heat, sunlight, and many other harsh conditions which can take its toll which is why we must do our part by using hand lotion to help it stay healthy.
While you are applying some hand lotion inside your home though, accidents can sometimes occur. It is not entirely uncommon to inadvertently squirt some of the hand lotion you are using onto the surface of your beautiful carpet. This is not something that you would want to happen as the hand lotion can cause an ugly stain or spot which will ruin the appearance of your carpet.
Getting rid of hand lotion stains on the carpet is not a walk in the park but with the proper steps you can make this task more manageable. Check out the advice below on how you can remove hand lotion stains on your beautiful carpet.
• The first thing that you would have to do is to remove the hand lotion spilled on your carpet. Scoop it up immediately using a blunt knife or spoon until you are able to remove as much of it as you can. Once you have done this you can proceed to the next step.
• Take a cotton ball and then pour some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on it. Then, use the doused cotton ball in blotting the affected area of the carpet. This helps in breaking down the stain as well as removing some of it out of the carpet. Do this until the cotton ball dries up.
• The next step is to create a cleaning agent that will aid in completely eliminating the hand lotion stain. Try combining a teaspoon of dish washing liquid with a cup of warm water to make an effective cleaning agent that you can use. Take some of this cleaning solution and apply it onto the area of the carpet where the hand lotion was spilled and then wait a couple of minutes before proceeding to the next step.
• Take a clean white cloth or paper towel and start blotting the stained portion of the carpet. Continue to blot the stain until you are able to remove all of it completely. This will not happen immediately so you just need to be patient until your carpet is clean and spotless once more.
• Rinse the carpet using a glass of water to help flush out any residue that could get left behind. Then, use a clean rag to dry the area thoroughly. After following these steps your carpet will surely be clean and beautiful once more.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD