How to Remove Super Glue Stains on the Carpet
Super glue can come in very handy when it comes to sticking broken vases or mug handles together. Clumsiness can be really frustrating as you could end up breaking a lot of stuff inside the home by accident. Luckily using some super glue can instantly fix the stuff that you break. Sometimes though you can accidentally get some of the super glue on your carpet which could lead to a very tough problem.
Removing the super glue on your carpet is very important because you never want to have the carpet fibers all clumped together. It can also cause a very ugly stain that could affect the way that your carpet looks.
Cleaning up this kind of mess on your carpet can be very annoying thus knowing the right way to do it is important. Follow the guide below to help restore your carpet to normal.
• The first step is to clear up as much of the spilled super glue on your carpet at home. Try to use a paper towel to blot the wet portion of the glue to help extract it. Do this repeatedly until there is no more wet super glue particles on the carpet.
• After doing the first step, the next thing that you need to do is to use some nail polish remover onto the affected area of your carpet. To do this, get a cotton ball and apply some nail polish remover on it. Then, use the cotton ball in blotting the super glue which has dried up on your carpet fibers. Do this continuously until the cotton ball dries up already.
• Next, make a cleaning solution to help remove the stain which the spill has caused. You can combine one teaspoon of clear ammonia and one cup of warm water for this step. Use this on the spot where the super glue stain is found and then proceed to the next step in this guide.
• Use a clean white cloth to continuously blot the stained area of your carpet. You will notice that the super glue stain will slowly transfer from the carpet fibers onto the cloth. Do this again and again until all of the stain is gone.
• The last step that you will have to do is to remove the residue that could potentially harm your carpet over time. Use a cup of water to rinse the spot that you just cleaned and then dry everything off with a clean towel. After this your carpet should be clean and spotless once more.