How to Remove Cupcake Frosting Stains on the Carpet
Cupcakes are becoming a very popular dessert over the past couple of years. Having reality television shows about them has only helped make the dessert all the more popular for the millions of viewers that tune in regularly. Cupcakes are really delicious and one part that everybody loves is the frosting that is spread on its top.
Enjoying a tasty cupcake inside your home is something that everyone enjoys. Unfortunately, there will be instances when you accidentally drop the cupcake you are holding and due to bad luck it lands on your carpet upside down causing a nasty frosting stain that will surely make it ugly and unsightly.
Dealing with this kind of problem is not something that all homeowners are adept at. If you are experiencing this predicament at home, check out the following helpful tips to guide you in cleaning the cupcake frosting stains on your carpet easily.
• Begin the process by quickly removing the dropped cupcake and extracting as much of the frosting on the carpet. Do the latter by making use of a dull spoon to slowly scoop up the frosting so that it will not spread to other areas of the carpet.
• Next, add a few drops of water on the area where the frosting stain is located. This is going to help dilute the stain so that it can be removed quickly and easily. After adding the water, use a clean paper towel to blot the cupcake frosting stain on the carpet.
• Afterward, make a cleaning solution that will totally remove the cupcake frosting stain. This can be done by combining a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water. Place the mixture inside an empty container and bring it with you to where the frosting stain is located.
• Pour a small amount of the cleaning solution on the stained area of the carpet. Let it stand for a few minutes so that it can work on the frosting stain. Then, get a clean white cloth and slowly blot the affected area of the carpet. Do this repeatedly until all of the frosting stain is removed.
• Rinse the area where the frosting stain was and then dry the area completely with the use of some clean rags or towels. This is going to make sure that there will be no residue that could get left behind on the carpet fibers.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD