How to Clean Up Spilled Rice on Your Carpet
If you love Asian or Indian food, then you are probably eat your share of rice. This is because these kinds of cuisine involve rice in a lot of their dishes. Rice can be a delicious component making the Asian or Indian dish complete and even more delectable.
But rice can be an issue at times when it comes to home cleaning. Rice can accidentally get dropped on your carpet and can cause your carpet fibers to stick together. This can ruin your carpet’s appearance and is something that you don’t want to happen in your home.
A lot of homeowners are having issues with spilled rice on the carpet yet not all of them know how to handle this problem properly. If you are one of these people who are frustrated with having spilled rice ruin your carpet then you should check out the guide below to help you out.
• It is important to clean up the spilled rice as soon as possible. This is in order to prevent it from setting or getting stepped on which can make the mess even more difficult to clean up. As soon as you discover the spilled rice, it is imperative that you try to fix the mess right away.
• The first thing that you should look to do is to remove the spilled rice before it causes an even more troublesome mess. Use a dull knife to carefully extract it and remove it from the carpet fibers. You may not be able to remove all of it entirely but just try to get out as much it as you can.
• Next, if the spilled rice causes a stain then you have to deal with it next. Spilling plain rice won’t leave a very noticeable mark but for other recipes wherein rice is used together with certain sauces then you may have to work a little harder to get rid of the resulting stain. You will need to make a cleaning solution by following the succeeding step.
• Mix a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent and combine it with a cup of warm water. Then, place the resulting solution in an empty spray bottle. Apply it onto the stained area and then gradually blot the stain. Continue doing this until you are able to remove all of it completely.
• Flush out any residue that could get left behind by using a cup of water to rinse the area you cleaned. Then, dry it completely by using clean rags or towels.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD