Getting Rid of Egg Salad Stains on the Rug
Egg salad is one tasty treat that many kids and adults enjoy. It’s rich and creamy flavor certainly makes my mouth water and surely countless people feel the same way about it too. You can eat it with some bread or simply enjoy it right out of the bowl. Regardless of how you enjoy your egg salad, it will still definitely leave your taste buds jumping for joy.
There are cases though when egg salad can cause you trouble. This usually occurs if mishaps occur in your home which results in you accidentally getting egg salad spilled all over your rug. If ever this happens to your rug, you can certainly expect to have a nasty stain that will instantly affect its beauty and appearance.
Cleaning up egg salad stains on the rug is tough but I have written an easy-to-follow guide below that will show you the right steps to effectively clean up this mess in a jiffy.
• Scooping the spilled egg salad should be the first thing on your agenda. Using a dull knife or a clean spoon, extract the egg salad particles on your rug so that you can then proceed in addressing the nasty stain that is left behind on the rug fibers.
• Pour some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on an absorbent pad and then use it to blot the stained area of your rug. The alcohol helps dissolve and remove the stain so that it can be eliminated from your rug. Though it will help make the stain lighter, the alcohol will likely not be enough to completely remove it.
• Making a potent cleaning agent for the egg salad stain is the next step in this guide. To make this cleaning agent, mix 1 teaspoon of white vinegar with 1 cup of warm water. This will create a nice cleaning solution for the egg salad stain.
• Apply some of the vinegar-based cleaning agent you made on the soiled area of the rug. Let it stand for about a minute or so then use a clean paper towel to repeatedly blot the area. You will see that the stain will gradually become lighter and lighter until pretty soon it will be totally removed.
• With the egg salad stain already gone, the last step for you to do is to rinse the place where it used to be. Use a cup of room temperature water to do this and then dry everything thoroughly with some clean towels. This step will make sure that there will be no residue that will accumulate in your rug fibers.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD