Effectively Getting Rid of Steak Sauce Stains on the Carpet
Having a nice, outside barbeque is certainly a nice way to spend your Sunday afternoon. After finishing all of the cooking and grilling, the day can be made even better if you share and enjoy your steak with your friends as you are watching some Sunday afternoon football on your television screen in the living room. One thing that won’t be missing when you have delicious steak is some steak sauce.
But while you are enjoying the game in your living room, you could lose sight that you have actually spilled the steak sauce all over the carpet fibers inside your home. Steak sauce spills are very devastating on the carpet since it causes dark marks and spots to develop and won’t be removed easily if you only use water.
Fixing this cleaning problem on your carpet may be difficult but if you try out the guide below you could get rid of it in just a few simple steps. Here are the steps that you need to follow in removing the steak sauce stain son your carpet.
1. As soon as the spill has occurred, spring into action right away and first remove as much of the spilled steak sauce as you can. Clear the carpet area of any particles, both solid and liquid so that you can properly deal with the stain in the succeeding steps.
2. After removing the mess on the carpet, it is now time to deal with the stain that is left behind. Dilute it first with some water and then blot it repeatedly until it is dry. Diluting the stain will get it to become lighter and a lot easier to remove.
3. Afterward, you will need to get a cleaning solution to use on the stain. If you don’t have any cleaning product for the carpet lying around your home, it is okay to use substitutes instead. One substitute that you can try is a vinegar-based cleaning solution that you can create by combining a teaspoon of vinegar with a cup of warm water. Once you have the cleaning product on hand, move on to the next step.
4. Pour some of the cleaning solution you have created onto the steak sauce stain. Then, use a clean white cloth to blot the area again and again. This will be very helpful in eliminating the stain on the carpet. After a few tries, your carpet will be clean and looking like new again.
5. Lastly, rinse the carpet with some water to help get rid of any residue that can harm it over time. Once done, dry the area properly with some clean towels and voila, your carpet is in great shape once more.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD