Easily Getting Rid of Iodine Spots on the Carpet
Getting wounded inside the home is an unfortunate occurrence that many homeowners constantly face. Scrapes and bruises can happen without a moment’s notice and occur frequently especially if you have children in your household.
Thankfully, homeowners are often ready to face these kinds of medical emergencies. First aid kits are commonly found in every household and treating and disinfecting the wound can be done with ease.
Iodine is one important item that you should not forget to have in your first aid kit. It is used to treat injuries and wounds and is very helpful in disinfecting the afflicted area. Just remember to be careful when you are using iodine though as spilling it accidentally on the carpet can be a real bummer.
Accidentally getting iodine on the carpet can result in a very nasty stain or spot that will be tough to remove. If ever you have this problem at home, quickly follow the guide below to have the best chance of getting it back to normal.
• After spilling the iodine on your carpet at home, immediately find a spray bottle and fill it with clean water. Then, spray the affected area of the carpet a couple of times. This helps in diluting the iodine spot so that it will not immediately set on your carpet fibers.
• Use a clean white cloth and blot the iodine spill on the carpet. The iodine will gradually transfer from the carpet fibers and onto the surface of the cloth. Continue doing this until you have removed as much of the iodine as you can.
• Mix a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with three cups of warm water. This will make a cleaning solution that will help in getting rid of the stain on your carpet. Apply some of this cleaning solution onto the stain and then let it set for a couple of minutes.
• Use a clean white cloth to slowly blot the iodine spot on your carpet. Do this continuously until all of the stain is gone. It can take a few attempts before you can totally get rid of the stain but all your patience and hard work will be well worth it once your carpet is looking clean and back to normal.
• For the final step, rinse the area you just cleaned with a glass of room temperature water. This is to get rid of any potential residue build-up that can happen on your carpet. Dry the area completely using a wet/dry vac or a clean towel to complete the task.