Cleaning Up Spilled Peanut Butter on the Carpet
Peanut butter is a really popular spread that many people enjoy on a daily basis. The peanut butter is rich and creamy which is surely a very good reason why many people use it as a spread in making sandwiches as well as in preparing some tasty desserts.
But peanut butter also has a dark side for homeowners as it can cause a terrible mess if you or anyone in your household becomes clumsy and drops or spills the peanut butter on the carpet.
Cleaning up the carpet to get rid of the peanut butter stain is something that everyone would want to do in this situation. If you do not know what exactly to do in order to restore the look of your carpet at home, read the helpful guide below to finish the task in just a few simple steps.
• Scooping up the spilled peanut butter on the carpet is the first thing that you have to do. Make sure that you take your time and do not rush this task as you could end up making matters worse. Just use a dull knife slowly and carefully extract the peanut butter until your carpet is free of any food particles.
• The ugly stain on your carpet is the next thing that you need to focus on. Removing this will not be easy which is why you should use a cleaning solution to help you out. If you do not want to pay a lot of money to buy a commercial carpet cleaning solution, just mix a teaspoon of clear ammonia with a cup of water and you’ll already have a potent solution on your hands.
• Pour the ammonia-based cleaning solution on your carpet and then wait for a few minutes to allow the solution to work on the stain. After about two to three minutes, use a clean white cloth and then gradually blot the affected area on your carpet.
• Repeat step 3 in this guide as often as necessary until you are able to completely eliminate the ugly peanut butter stain on your carpet. You should always be patient as the task could take longer than you originally anticipated.
• Rinsing the spot on the carpet where the ugly stain used to be is the final thing that you need to accomplish. This is to remove any residue that could harm your carpet. Once you have done this, the job is complete and your carpet should be good as new in no time.