Cleaning Strawberry Ice Cream Spills on the Carpet
Having some strawberry ice cream on a hot, sunny afternoon can be an excellent way to beat the heat. Strawberry ice cream is really tasty and its cold goodness will definitely help you feel cool and refreshed.
As you are enjoying some strawberry ice cream inside your home, there may be instances when your lose your focus just for a moment and you realize that you accidentally spilled the ice cream you are eating all over your carpet. This is really bad since the ice cream causes your rug fibers to be stained as well as making it sticky ruining its texture.
Cleaning up the strawberry ice cream spill on your carpet is not easy but it can be very doable if you know the correct steps to take. Here is a guide that you can use to help you get rid of this terrible mess on your carpet effectively.
• Scoop up as much of the ice cream spilled on your carpet using a spoon in order to extract it. Do this as soon as you can so that you can avoid having the melted ice cream from penetrating the deep portions of the carpet. After scooping the excess ice cream, use some paper towels to remove the liquid still left behind.
• Get a teaspoon of white vinegar and add it to a cup of warm water. This is going to make a potent cleaning solution that will break down the strawberry ice cream stain on your carpet. Place the resulting mixture inside a spray bottle and then proceed to the next step.
• Spray the stained area of the carpet a couple of times using the cleaning solution you have made. Let the solution soak the stain for three minutes first before moving on and blotting the stain using a clean white cloth or paper towel.
• Continue to perform the previous step, reapplying the cleaning solution if needed, until the entire stain is gone. Removing the stain won’t happen right away so just keep at it until all of the stain is eliminated.
• The last step you have to do is to flush out any unwanted residue on your carpet fibers. Rinse the area you finished cleaning with some clean water and then dry it up using a clean rag or towel to finish the task.
If you are a homeowner, spilling strawberry ice cream on your carpet is not the end of the world. Just follow the simple steps above and you’re sure to get your carpet back to normal in no time.