Carpet Cleaning Tips: Cleaning Grape Juice Stains
Grape juice is a refreshing drink that many people love to enjoy. It is a healthy alternative to soda and other carbonated drinks and it offers lots of vitamins and minerals which are good for the body. But while it can have many positive effects and benefits, one thing that can really be problematic about grape juice is if you accidentally spill it all over your carpet.
Grape juice stains are tough to clean up and can really make a dark stain on your carpet, more particularly if you have a light colored carpet in your home. This is why you should always know how to deal with this kind of stain so that you can get your carpet back to normal. If you want to find out how you can eliminate grape juice stains on your carpet, check out this very useful guide to help you out.
1. Remove as much of the spilled grape juice from the carpet by using a clean sponge or some paper towels to absorb it. Make sure you are careful when doing this as you don’t want to rub on the spill and affect other areas of the carpet.
2. Once you are finished in cleaning up the excess grape juice, it is now time for you to dilute the remaining stain with some water. Just add a few drops of water and then use a paper towel to blot the area. This is to help make the stain easier to remove.
3. Next, it is time for you to apply a cleaning solution on the stain. You can make one on your own by mixing a teaspoon of clear ammonia with a cup of warm water. The ammonia is great at breaking down this kind of stain and will help remove it a lot faster. Apply the cleaning solution on the grape juice stain and allow it to set for about two minutes.
4. Now you will need to get a piece of clean white cloth and start blotting the stained area continuously. You will notice that the stain will begin to transfer from the carpet and onto the cloth. This is a great sign that the method is working. Continue doing this until the entire stain is removed.
5. For the final step, rinse the area where the stain was with a cup of clean water. This is to help flush out any excess cleaning solution residue which can get left behind. After doing this, get your handy wet/dry vac and dry the area completely before using it again.
Grape juice stains need not be a big burden for homeowners anymore. Just follow the simple and effective guide above and you’ll surely say goodbye to that ugly grape juice stain in no time.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD