How to Deal With Mayonnaise Stains on Your Carpet
Mayonnaise is certainly one condiment that has a lot of uses in the kitchen. It can be made as an ingredient in a dish or it can be spread over pieces of bread to make a sandwich. It is very versatile and is really one of the more commonly used condiments these days.
Sadly, it can also be the source of a headache for homeowners as it can be really frustrating if you accidentally spill some mayonnaise all over your carpet. These types of stains can be tough to remove and it can really make your carpet look ugly and unappealing. This is why you must do your best to remove this from your market without leaving any mark.
Mayonnaise stains may be hard to remove but it certainly is not impossible to do. Please check out the useful post below to guide you in properly solving this tough carpet cleaning problem.
1. Get a blunt knife and carefully scrape up all of the spilled mayonnaise on your carpet. Be careful when you are doing this as you do not want to get mayonnaise on unaffected areas of your carpet.
2. With the spill area already cleared, it is not time for you to prepare a cleaning solution which will work well with the stain. For this you can use a homemade cleaning solution that you can make on your own using household ammonia. Take a teaspoon of clear ammonia and then mix it with a cup of warm water. Place the mixture you have just made inside an empty container and bring it to where the mayonnaise stain is found.
3. Apply some of the ammonia-based cleaning solution on the mayonnaise stain on your carpet. Let the cleaning solution soak the stain for about five minutes. Then, use a clean white cloth to blot the mayonnaise stain until it is completely eliminated from your carpet. It won’t be immediate but by being patient and continuing to blot the carpet you will pretty soon be able to get it back to normal.
4. Lastly, take a cup of clean water and pour it on where the spill occurred. Then, use a clean rag to dry everything up. This step is to prevent any residue from being left behind on your carpet.
Mayonnaise stains are not something that you would want to stay on your carpet. Be sure to follow the guide above if ever you find yourself in this kind of cleaning problem so that you will know how to get your carpet clean and spotless once more.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner