Getting Rid of Chocolate Pudding Stains on Your Carpet
Chocolate pudding is a favorite snack which is enjoyed by kids of all ages. Even adults love to eat this very tasty treat. It is great as a dessert or snack which can definitely put a smile on anyone’s face.
But while it can be delicious and can make people smile with delight, it can also be the cause of frowns and frustrations if you accidentally get it spilled on your carpet. This is because chocolate pudding spills can be really devastating on the carpet. It instantly ruins the carpet because of the ugly stain that it can leave behind. If ever you have a chocolate spill on the carpet, one thing that you must do is to try and clean up the mess as soon as possible. To help you out wit this, here are the steps that can guide you in solving this tough carpet cleaning problem.
1. Try to remove as much of the chocolate pudding spilled on the carpet by using a spoon to slowly scoop it up. It is important to be careful as you are scooping the chocolate pudding as you could accidentally spread it further if you are not cautious.
2. After getting the pudding out of the carpet, apply some water onto the affected area and allow it to set for a couple of minutes. The water will help dilute the stain on your carpet and will help it become lighter. Then, use a clean white cloth to dry the area.
3. Next, mix a teaspoon of dishwashing liquid with a cup of warm water to create a cleaning solution that will be effective in removing the chocolate pudding stain. Apply the cleaning solution onto the stained portion of the carpet and then use a clean white cloth to blot the area repeatedly. Work your way from the outer portion of the stain moving inward in order to get the best results. Do this continuously until the chocolate pudding stain is removed from your carpet.
4. Flush out the excess residue on your carpet by using a cup of cool water and rinsing the area you just cleaned. Then, dry the area using clean rags or your wet/dry vac.
Chocolate pudding may be a tough spill to have on your carpet but it doesn’t mean that there is no way to clean it up properly. If ever you experience this annoying problem on your carpet, just remember to follow the guide above to help you solve it without any hassles.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner