Eliminating the Tomato Paste on the Carpet
Tomato paste is one ingredient that has many uses in the kitchen. It is used in many different kinds of foods, such as pasta, pizza, and other Italian dishes. Tomato paste is really tasty as it gives the food a lot of flavor. It does not only help improve the taste of the food, it also contains vitamins and minerals such as Lycopene which is really good for our body.
While tomato paste can have a lot of benefits for our taste buds and our health, it does pose on potential problem and this can happen if you accidentally spill it all over your carpet. Handling tomato paste is usually done in the kitchen but there may be instances that you get some of it onto your beautiful carpet creating a bright red stain that instantly ruins the way that your carpeting looks.
Dealing with this problem can be very challenging for any homeowner. If you have inadvertently spilled some tomato paste on your carpet, check out the guide below to help you properly clean up this mess with ease.
1. Start off by clearing the area of the spilled tomato paste. Make use of a clean white cloth or a paper towel to extract the paste on the carpet. Just blot the spill repeatedly until you have removed as much of the paste as possible.
2. After you have removed the excess tomato paste on the carpet, you should now turn your attention to the ugly stain that it has caused. In order to clean this, you must create a cleaning solution that will help break down the stain. You can use a teaspoon of clear ammonia and mix it with a cup of warm water to make this. After you have created the cleaning solution, apply some of it onto the stained area of the carpet and let it set for a couple of minutes.
3. Get a clean white cloth and then slowly blot the affected area of the carpet. Do this repeatedly until you are able to eliminate the stain completely. It may take you several attempts but eventually be able to clear the carpet of all the tomato paste stain.
4. After you have eliminated the paste stain on your carpet, the last step that you will need to do is to rinse the area you just cleaned with a cup of water. This is essential to help flush out any residue that could stay behind on the carpet. Once you have done this, dry the carpet thoroughly using some clean rags or towels to complete the task.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner