Carpet Cleaning Columbia Guide: Eliminating Mouthwash Stains on the Carpet
Nobody wants to have stinky breath before they go to work for the day. That is why it is very important to brush your teeth properly and also to gargle mouthwash regularly to fight bacteria and tooth decay that could cause your breath to stink.
But while mouthwash can be very useful in making your breath cool and fresh, it can sometimes lead to unfortunate situations when it comes to the cleanliness of your home. This is because there could be times that you accidentally drop the mouthwash bottle and spill it all over the floor and worse yet on the carpet.
Mouthwash spills can certainly prove to be a tough cleaning task for any homeowner. It leaves behind an ugly stain that you should try to remove the soonest possible time. Here are some tips that you should make use of if ever you are faced with a mouthwash stain on your carpet at home.
• Try to extract the spilled mouthwash on the carpet immediately. You can do this by carefully absorbing the liquid with a clean sponge or a white cloth. Remember not to rub or scrub the spilled area as this only causes the stain to spread. Only dab the spill lightly and ensure that you get as much of the liquid as you can before moving to the next step.
• Get some white vinegar, water, and an empty container which you will need for this next step. You will have to create a cleaning solution that will help in removing the mouthwash stain Just mix one teaspoon of the white vinegar with a cup of warm water. Then, place it inside the spray bottle and apply some of it onto the mouthwash stain.
• After letting the stain soak in the cleaning solution, get a clean white cloth and slowly blot the affected area of the carpet. Be patient with this step as you may not get results right away. As you continue to blot the stain it will gradually become lighter and eventually you will be able to get rid of it completely.
• For the last step, rinse the carpet with a cup of clean water to flush out any cleaning solution residue that could get left behind. You don’t want this to happen as it can cause build-up that can harm your carpet over time. Dry the carpet thoroughly using clean rags before using it again.
Mouthwash is great for your breath but not for your carpet. Make sure that if ever you have this problem in your home that you follow the guide above to help you get your carpet back to normal in no time.
Let us know how we can help! Fill out our form, and one of our team members will reach out to you shortly.
Trust Our Certified Experts for Quality Service
- IICRC Certified Firm & Technicians
- CRI-SOA Certified
- GREEN Certified Cleaner
- WoolSafe Certified
- Master Rug Cleaner