Advice in Cleaning Up Red Tea Stains on the Carpet
Red tea is really delicious and many people enjoy this kind of tea on a regular basis. It is a very good drink to have since it is full of anti-oxidants and another great thing about it is that it tastes great too. Red tea is always very popular but it can cause some cleaning problems if you inadvertently spill some of it on your carpet.
This occurrence is not a rarity in many households as this could happen without any warning. You could be enjoying your red tea and all of a sudden you accidentally tip over the mug or cup you are using and results in a very ugly spill on your carpet.
Red tea can cause a nasty stain that is going to be tough to clean up. If this happens to you then you could be in for a long afternoon. Lucky for you I have prepared a simple and effective guide that you can try in cleaning up the red tea stains on your carpet at home.
1. What you need to do right away is to clean up and extract the spilled liquid out of your carpet. You should not let it stay on your carpet for a long time as it will only cause a more stubborn stain to occur. Remove the liquid from your carpet by using a sponge or a clean white cloth and repeat the step until you have removed as much of the spill as possible.
2. Next up is preparing a cleaning solution using some items that you could find in your home. You can utilize dish washing liquid to make a homemade cleaning solution that will work great in removing the red tea stain. Mix a teaspoon of the dish washing liquid with a cup of warm water to make a really effective cleaning solution.
3. Apply a few drops of the cleaning solution on the stained portion of your carpet and then leave it there for a couple of minutes. Soaking the red tea stain is really important to let the solution break down the stain.
4. After soaking the red tea stain, the next step is to use a clean paper towel to slowly blot the affected area of the carpet. This helps in lifting the stain so that it will be removed from the carpet fibers. Continue to do this until all of the red tea stain disappears.
5. To finish off the job, use a cup of clean water to rinse the spot that you just cleaned to help remove the residue that could stay behind. Once you have done this, use a clean towel or rag to dry everything and your carpet should be good as new once more.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. I went through several companies before I found them. They do a fantastic job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets, both over 10 years old, look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD