How to Remove Tabasco Sauce Stains on the Carpet
Having some spice in your food is certainly one good way to make it even more enjoyable. Many people love to use Tabasco sauce on their pizza, hotdogs, chicken, and many more of their favorite foods to make it hot and spicy. Tabasco sauce has certainly become one of the most used condiments by people all over the world.
While Tabasco sauce can make your food hot and spicy, spilling it accidentally on your carpet will make it ugly and filthy. Making this mistake can leave behind a nasty red stain on your beautiful carpet which will surely ruin its appearance. This is one situation which many homeowners find themselves in so knowing what to do to clean up this mess is very important.
Check out the helpful steps below to guide you in getting rid of the Tabasco sauce stains on your beautiful carpet.
• Quickly get a clean paper towel and try to blot the spilled Tabasco sauce on your carpet right away. Remember not to rub or wipe the spill as this will only cause it to spread. The right thing to do is to simply blot the area until you are able to extract as much of the Tabasco sauce out of the carpet.
• The next thing that you need to pay attention to is the ugly stain that is left behind on the carpet. Get a glass of clean water and add a few drops of it onto the stained area of the carpet. This is going to help dilute the Tabasco sauce stain so that it doesn’t set right away. Blot it using some paper towels and then move on to the next step.
• Prepare a cleaning solution made out of one part non-bleach laundry detergent and four parts warm water. This is going to be an effective solution that will help eliminate the ugly stain left behind on your carpet.
• Apply the detergent-based cleaning solution on the Tabasco sauce stain and allow it to set for about three minutes. Then, grab a clean white cloth and begin to slowly blot the affected area of the carpet. You will notice that the stain will become lighter and lighter until eventually all of it will be gone.
• For the last step, get some room temperature water and then use it to flush out any cleaning solution residue that get left behind on the carpet. After doing so, use some clean towels to dry the area completely before using the carpet once again.
“Clean Choice is the only way to go. i went threw sevaral companys before i found them. they do a fantastic Job every time.”Tim Savalina in Pasadena, MD
“Clean Choice has cleaned the carpets in two of my houses and I have been amazed at how great they look. The carpets both over 10 years old look brand new. I was sure I was going to have to replace them but decided to try and have them cleaned first and I am so glad I did. Keith is extremely passionate about his job and very dedicated to providing the best service possible. I have already referred them to several of my friends and will continue to do so in the future.”Elizabeth Bare in Columbia, MD